100 years back, people were not ready to keep their money in Banks because they thought that it is always safe to keep our money with ourselves. However, times have change and now people prefer to keeping their money in Bank. In-fact, keeping money and valuables in bank is safer than keeping it with us as they have better security.
Similarly your data is safer on cloud because hosting companies have lot of safety and security in place to protect your data. They have hardware and software firewalls, backed by n-tier architecture and isolation techniques. They also have robust backup systems.
We have taken a number of measures to ensure the safety and security of your data.
- Your data is hosted on high-end cloud servers, provided by leading companies. This ensures that our service providers have state-of-art equipment and expertise to manage them.
- All communication between you and IESL server is secured using SSL 256-bit encryption.
- The data centers are ISO 27001 and ISO 27017 certified and they are monitored 24x7 for both network and on-site security.
- Servers are protected using a multi-layer security architecture which includes network security devices, firewalls and gateway appliances.
- The data is stored on MS-SQL Server, a commercial RDBMS system, which is highly dependable when compared to free database solutions such as MY-SQL.
- The data is accessed using isolation techniques through n-tier architecture, so the data layer cannot be directly accessed by the user layer.
- The data servers are regularly backed-up using automated agent-based backup system. This system automatically creates daily and weekly backups.
- The server team takes daily and weekly backups backup of server at a different location.
- Authorized users of your account can be allowed to download data in MS-Excel compatible formats, using our role based security system.
- Users can also subscribe for Auto-Backup system @ Rs.5,500/- p.a. On subscription, they would be provided access to FTP account, which will contain daily backups of their data in SQL or MS-Excel compatible formats.
- It is not mandatory to store data on IESL servers. Users can choose to store their data on their own cloud servers or on-premise servers. The cost of setting-up and configuring your server is Rs.15,000/- per instance.
We take every possible precaution to to ensure security of your data. However, for additional security, we recommend that you download your data at periodic intervals in Excel or XML formats.